Back to jobs
We are working on behalf of a major Tier 1 contractor specialising within the infrastructure sector in Australia, successful in securing ongoing projects in excess of $1 billion and an attractive pipeline of work for the forthcoming years.
A forward thinking business which is full of innovation and agility that belie their scale and significance as an organisation. This encouragement for innovation specifically within Australia has transitioned overseas where new approaches have been adopted globally. With a proven track record across a range of projects including major highways and road construction, airports, railways, tunnelling, water & waste water in addition to commercial building construction.
We are seeking a Structures Design Manager to join the business and work on a multi-billion dollar major infrastructure project in Sydney. You will be responsible overseeing and supporting the engineering team, in managing and delivering the optimized design for Tunnel and Stations Structures. You will be working specifically on the project and working for the Joint Venture and will have both direct staff management and also be responsible for managing the JV engineering partner to deliver outcomes to both quality and timeframes.
Your role could vary dependent upon the level of individual who is secured for the project and could also extend to more or less duties dependant however, the key function of the position is to assist the Design Director in the management of delivery of the design of structures, and coordination with other design disciplines. You will be tertiary qualified in civil or structural engineering and have at least 5 years experience of major infrastructure projects with a high level of knowledge of Australian standards. A knowledge and experience of major TfNSW projects will be highly regarded. You will be able to collaborate with both your own internal peers and partners and be able to manage both your own workload and that of your team and design partners.
Key functions include;
- Review structural calculations and designs for the tunnel and stations, and/or perform independent calculations to verify the proposal of alternative structural proposals to seek optimisations
- Liaison with the commercial, planning, design delivery teams, and designers
- Provide support in design for constructability
- Close liaison with the Construction Manager of the relevant structure to ensure the delivery on time, optimized and in accordance with the Project Specifications
- Helping in the coordination of all design and assurance deliverables with interfacing organizations
- Maintain close liaison and collaboration with the Principal Technical Team as required.
- Attendance and support to the Client, Designer and Joint Venture meetings
- Able to work autonomously dealing with technical issues to be able to effectively resolve for the structures team
- You must be highly organised and be able to work under pressure and tight timeframes
- Ideal Software Skills - MS Office | AutoCAD | Plaxis 2D/3D | SAP2000 | Strand7
If you believe you have most of the above skills and with 5-10 years experience BUT may NOT be at a Design Manager level then there may also be an opportunity for an experienced Senior Structural Design Engineer to join the JV team.
A business that prides itself on its people and ensuring diversity and collaboration both internally and externally in addition to providing substantial training and professional development it is able to create an environment where longevity by its employees is the norm not the exception. As an organisation, one of their key aspects of delivery is focused on the safety and well being of their employees ensuring ongoing reduction in accidents through education and communication.
This major force in the infrastructure sector is capable of providing you with an exciting and long term career path both in Australia and overseas. To find out more about this exciting opportunity to work on a major landmark project with a global leader, please contact Giles Keay by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.