Back to jobs
We are working on behalf of a major Tier 1 contractor specialising within the infrastructure sector in Australia, successful in securing ongoing projects in excess of $1 billion and an attractive pipeline of work for the forthcoming years.
A forward thinking business which is full of innovation and agility that belie their scale and significance as an organisation. This encouragement for innovation specifically within Australia has transitioned overseas where new approaches have been adopted globally. With a proven track record across a range of projects including major highways and road construction, airports, railways, tunnelling, water & waste water in addition to commercial building construction.
The business is seeking an experienced Business Development Manager to work alongside the established team and undertake the business development and client management role for the construction team. You will be responsible for the entire engagement process through to the preparation of Expression of Interest and managing tasks and budgets until handover at tender stage when you will still be available to supporting the bid team. You will also be responsible for the market/competitor analysis to create long term business development strategies.
- Tertiary qualified most likely in Civil Engineering and possibly have further qualifications in business, law or construction.
- An experienced networker and people person - Excellent presentation and communication skills
- A track record in the infrastructure or building sector with a main contractor
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of major bids and proposals
- Highly skilled negotiator
- Determined and a desire to succeed
- Versatile, Flexible and able to multitask
- Ability to collaborate with both your own internal peers and partners
- A hands on approach to your work and happy and able to work both strategically but also in the detail to prepare proposals and bids
A business that prides itself on its people and ensuring diversity and collaboration both internally and externally in addition to providing substantial training and professional development it is able to create an environment where longevity by its employees is the norm not the exception. As an organisation, one of their key aspects of delivery is focused on the safety and well being of their employees ensuring ongoing reduction in accidents through education and communication.
This major force in the infrastructure sector is capable of providing you with an exciting and long term career path both in Australia and overseas. To find out more about this exciting opportunity with a global leader please contact Giles Keay by email initially at firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.